Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Little Surprise for Dad

It’s been 11 ½ months and up to this point; Tyler has never left us a surprise in the tub. Well, as the saying goes..."all good things have to come to an end". That's right, you guess it…Tyler pooped in the tub. It was Sunday Morning and the Ivie’s were in a race to get to church on time. Tyler’s in the tub having a good time and then suddenly there was complete silence. I looked over at Tyler and I could tell he was trying to do his business. I quickly gathered up all the toys before they became contaminated, and then quickly hollered for Russ to come help out with the situation. I took care of Tyler which left Russ to clean up the tub. Bless Russ' heart, he didn’t know what to do at first and struggled with how to clean up the mess. In the end, Russ gained his composure, put his head down and cleaned up the mess. Aside from me laughing extremely hard at his gag reflexes, I am so grateful for Russ and appreciate his willingness to help out…even if it’s not his "cup of tea".

Russ in mid gag as he’s cleaning the bathtub

7 comments:

Lisa said...

That picture is priceless!!! I can't believe that he has never done this! I swear every one of mine did this, and be warned, it most likely will happen again :)

The Bryan Family said...

Russ, seriously man up. Just teasing I am very proud of you. Just know it will probably be the first of many!!!!

tHe tHaYeRs said...

That's awesome and you know that you could've done it without gagging or pulling a face. Men are such wimps! I can't believe our men are almost 1!!! Tell Tyler Happy birthday for us!!

Marcae said...

Poor Russ! I remember the first time Mia pooped in the tub, I was alone...therefore I was the lucky one to have to clean up the mess. Not a fun job.

Tyler is one handsome little man. He's got a birthday coming up pretty soon. I must say that I love this age.

Marleen said...

Hey you guys! That is THE most awesome picture ever! Russ, I now know you're a real man! lol Five kids I don't know how many times that happened to me. I was a PRO!

Such a darling family!

Marleen

Melissa and Cam said...

well kids will be kids LOL yoveu ha a cute family will talk to you later

Treo Sanders said...

ha ha ha... That is halarious. i love that you got the gag in action. jaylee has done that only 1 time and lucky it was a floater so it wasn't to bad. Your little one is so dang cute. Getting so big. Time goes by way to fast huh.